You are here: Family | Pembrey Country Park
Pembrey Country Park
Set against the spectacular backdrop of the Gower Peninsula and overlooking the coastal scenery of Carmarthen Bay, Pembrey Country Park has been transformed into one of Wales’s top visitor attractions providing a unique blend of coast and countryside.
Just look at all we’ve got to provide the perfect family day out:
- Eight miles of golden sands at Cefn Sidan
- The longest toboggan run in Wales
- 130 metre long Dry Ski Slope
- Giant adventure playground
- Manicured parkland for frisbee, cricket, and football
- Large adventure playground
- Picnics & designated BBQ sites
- 8 Wildlife trails with set routes plus beach walks
- Natural parkland
- Corsican pine forest
- Conservation pond with bird hides
You don't need to holiday in the Austrian or Swiss Alps to learn how to ski and board - at Ski Pembrey you can become an expert without even setting foot on a snow-covered mountain.
Our two separate ski and snowboard areas cater for everyone, whether you are going skiing or boarding for the first time, brushing up on your technique or organising a group event, there’s something for you.
Ski Pembrey is one of the most up-to-date facilities in the whole of Wales. Open all year round, it has an Alpine Ski Lodge and Café, a floodlit 130m main slope, a 40m nursery area with sprinkler systems and button lift, mountain bike hire as well as the "Cobra", the ultimate toboggan ride.
Just turn up for a recreational ski or snowboard without making a booking and all equipment is provided but there is a reduction if you bring your own. A Saturday morning session for children is also offered and slalom runs and jumps are available for advanced skiers and snowboarders.
Professional ASSI/BASI qualified instructors give the very best in quality coaching and instruction. Whether you are a complete novice or a budding racer, adult or junior, we have expert tuition available to suit your needs. Options include:
- Group ski lessons (book as an individual but taught as part of a group)
- Organised school or club lessons (minimum 12 people)
- Private skiing or snowboarding lessons (one to one or your own friends)
- Race training (Development of skills and performance of Alpine Racer)
- Instructor training (become an artificial slope ski instructor)
All of the above offer beginners to advanced, and are based on 1-hour instruction including equipment hire. Tel: 01554 834443.
Feeling energetic? Explore Pembrey using the two-mile off road cycle track, which is ideal for beginners and families. The more experienced cyclist can access the adjacent Celtic Trail and cycle for miles. Bring your own bike or hire a cycle or mountain bike from Ski Pembrey. You won’t be disappointed.
Trekking through the forest on horseback is an experience not to be missed. You can choose from 25 lovely ponies and horses available for hire. Beginner? Relax, there’s something to suit all abilities, ages and sizes. This activity is great for corporate and group events and a there’s also a livery service available. The grounds of Pembrey Country Park are truly superb and many people come again and again to enjoy the glorious parkland and the beauty of the changing seasons. Dogs are welcome at Pembrey - but only when accompanied by well behaved owners.
How to get to us
Pembrey Country Park can be found just off the A484 Llanelli to Carmarthen coast road just outside Burry Port. The park is approximately a half hour drive from Carmarthen and a similar distance from Junction 48 M4. Follow the brown directional signs. Click here to link to public transport.
Opening or Visiting hours
- The Park is open daily from dawn to dusk.
- Season tickets are on sale at the Visitor Centre in the Park. The Centre is open from 10am to 5pm throughout August and early September.
- The Park main gates are locked between 22.00hrs and 08.00 hrs from 1st October to 31st March each year.
- All Park facilities are subject to seasonal variances (see individual facilities for details).
Pembrey Country Park
Pembrey, Llanelli, Carmarthenshire SA16 0EJ.
Tel : 01554 742424.
© 2013 Carmarthenshire County Council.
This web site is produced by the Tourism & Marketing Division of Carmarthenshire County Council. The extraction of any photographic or written material from these pages without permission is expressly forbidden. The Authority does not accept responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions contained in these pages, nor is any warranty given to any of the internet sites, publications, attraction venues or establishments listed.